Montag, 23. August 2010

No Written Love Song


It seemed to me all words were said
All melodies sung
All rhymes made up.
All composers wrote their notes
Filled with love and soft beats.

Music made us dance and laugh and smile
Music made us cry and fight and hide.
Your music filled my heart and lungs and voice.
Our music already said everything
- no words were left for any new choice.

It seemed to me no lyrics were left
To say what I feel and sing.
It seemed to me, no picture I’d painted
Would answer on your offered ring.

So I said, I love and trust and care,
Sung, I miss and need and want
Used the words they’ve already written
The melodies they’ve sung
To promise I’ll wait
To promise I’ll be there.

A door slams loud
Didn’t see your face
Heard your pain, the tears we loudly shared
The door hits hard
My melodies were wrong
My words too old - as a history long.

Couldn’t see your face
Didn’t hold your hand
To make you feel the words I felt were new
Couldn’t read your eyes
Your hand’s not in mine
So the words and melodies
Of course
Just were
What you already knew.



*A highly fever desperate state...